Washington DC - The National Chapter of the Community Associations Institute (CAI) celebrated its 45th anniversary by bringing its Annual Conference and Expo back to our Nation's Capital last week, where thousands of property managers, association members and homeowners convened.
We partner with CAI every year to promote our Condo and HOA Insurance program and to stay ahead with the latest developments in the industry.
2018 National CAI Conference and Expo
Formed as a joint effort between local associations, government agencies and non-profit organizations, CAI's role is to inform, educate and provide resources for community associations throughout the country and around the world.
This year's theme We the Community was focused primarily on advocacy. As discussed below, the 2018 Advocacy Summit took place last week on Capitol Hill. The Association also celebrated its 45th anniversary with exciting (and breaking) news about the growth of CAI.
The Growth of CAI
In an interview with Allen and Lauri, the CEO of CAI shared some exciting news about the growth of the Association.
In time for its 45th anniversary, CAI experienced significant growth over the last 6 months with over 10% increase in membership. The Association currently has 38,000 members worldwide, including chapters in Canada, the Middle East and South Africa.
Just last week, the board of trustees authorized Idaho as the newest and 64th Chapter of CAI.
CAI has experienced significant growth in our membership, with over 10% growth over the last 6 months.
Tom Skiba, CAE
Chief Executive Officer, Community Associations Institute
The 2018 Advocacy Summit
CAI launched the 2018 Advocacy Summit, which was a one-day advocacy event that took place last week at the U.S. Capitol to:
- Discuss state and federal legislative priorities
- Raise important issues concerning community associations
- Exchange ideas about resources, position statements, model legislation, etc
- Hear from federal regulatory officials on topics of interest such as housing finance, disaster recovery, flood insurance and more
In addition to advocacy, CAI honored Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) and Representative Mark Sanford (R-SC) as Heroes of Associations for their continued commitment to community associations and their leadership in Congress on behalf of this housing demographic.
Smart Building Technology for CondominiumsSAHOURI's Condo and HOA program offers a risk management solution for condominiums that combines insurance and smart technology. The bottom line is to leverage data insights to prevent critical losses, helping property managers save time and money for their clients.
Property managers can now:
- Receive pre-negotiated discounts on insurance and sensor technology
- Pro-actively reduce claims with real-time insights into building data
- Prevent catastrophic water damage with mobile control systems
- Provide live indoor air quality monitoring
- Automate individual unit calculations
Live Screening of The Allen and Lauri Show
The Allen and Lauri Show returned for a second CAI Expo episode in as many months. The National CAI Expo episode featured national chapter leaders: Tom Skiba (CEO) and Dawn Bauman (SVP, Government Relations).
See You at the Next Event!With the Expo now in the rear view, we look forward to seeing you at the next CAI event! You can find us at the following 2018 events:
- Chesapeake CAI Golf Classic (June 20)
- WMCCAI Golf Classic (October 19)
- Chesapeake CAI Expo (October 30)